ACTEC is Committed to Providing a Welcoming and Inclusive Environment
The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (“ACTEC” or “the College”) is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all persons, as provided in the ACTEC Bylaws. In furtherance of that commitment, the College expects all Fellows, guests, sponsors, ACTEC employees, and other participants in ACTEC activities to act with respect and civility toward all. This Code of Conduct offers guidance for conduct at all ACTEC activities, whether at ACTEC meetings, at other ACTEC events, or during participation in telephone calls, online or via social media, in connection with an ACTEC event, activity or project.
Violations of this Code of Conduct, exclusively between or among ACTEC employees, are governed by the procedures, sanctions and other related provisions set forth in the ACTEC Employee Handbook. Violations involving either one or more ACTEC employees and one or more non-employees of ACTEC, or two or more non-employees of ACTEC, are subject to this Code of Conduct.
Click here for examples of actions that further a welcoming environment, actions that are contrary, and for instructions to report a violation of this Code.
ACTEC is Committed to Providing a Safe Environment
- ACTEC’s priority is always the health and well-being of our community.
- ACTEC remains fully committed to holding safe, rewarding, in-person meetings.
- ACTEC will continue to monitor state and local guidelines for events and will communicate any changes to the Duty of Care as we work closely with destinations, hotels, and vendors to create a COVID-19 Safety Plan for each individual meeting.
Personal Accountability Commitment
We have a shared responsibility to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are asking each attendee to agree to the following Duty of Care. This includes not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
Before leaving home:
- As we acknowledge that the pandemic is not completely over, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in ACTEC events and/or other face-to-face activities. By attending an ACTEC event, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
- Individuals who currently, or within the past five (5) days, have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, among others;
- Individuals who have traveled, at any point in the past five (5) days, either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; and/or
- Individuals who may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities, or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
- Follow relevant guidance provided by international and local health departments before traveling.
- Monitor the health of people with whom you have been in close contact.
- If you feel sick, stay home. ACTEC will evaluate all requests for refunds at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Wash hands frequently using soap and water. When soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Monitor your health daily. If you feel sick, stay in your room, contact a health care professional and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mask are not required. We encourage those who feel more comfortable wearing a mask to do so.
After the meeting:
- Self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19, and contact email@example.com if you test positive within five (5) days of returning home.
Liability Disclaimer and Release: COVID-19
By registering for the meeting, you acknowledge the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk of exposure or infection by attending, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, disability, and/or death. While every effort has been made to ensure a safe meeting environment, ACTEC cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while traveling to/from or while attending an ACTEC event or activity.
I agree and understand these specific risks and accept them in order to attend the event. I agree to comply with all COVID-19-related procedures that may be implemented by ACTEC and the event venue(s), including, but not limited to, mask-wearing and social distancing requirements and restrictions on certain activities that carry higher COVID-19-related risk, to protect as much as possible the health and safety of other Fellows and the communities in which we meet. I further hereby forever release and waive all claims and rights to bring suit against ACTEC, its employees, and/or agents in connection with exposure, infection, and/or the spread of COVID-19 related to attending.