Kansas City, Missouri, December 16, 2021: The Heart of America Fellows Institute of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) graduated 28 participants of Class II.
The Heart of America Fellows Institute is designed to develop the legal profession’s future trust and estate leaders through a series of in-depth educational presentations led by outstanding subject matter experts in each field. Participants attended three two-day sessions and had the opportunity to interact with ACTEC Fellows, lecturers, and program sponsors.
Graduates were recognized on December 2 in Kansas City, Missouri. The leadership team of the Heart of America Fellows Institute includes Chancellors Robert Kirkland
, Cynda Ottaway
and Kathleen Sherby
; and Deans Shannon K. Barks
, Jeffery T. Peetz
, and Margaret Van Houten
. ACTEC President Ann B. Burns
addressed the graduates, recognizing the importance of institutes being implemented across the country as well as the mentorship program established by the Heart of America Fellows Institute leadership team. This program pairs recent graduates with ACTEC Fellows, who will serve as mentors and identify professional development opportunities for the young attorneys.
Please join us in congratulating Class II of the Heart of America Fellows Institute:
- Kathleen W. Bilderback of Affinity Law Group
- David B. Bingham of Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates & Woodyard, P.L.L.C.
- Polly S. Blomquist of Complete Estate & Probate Law
- Joshua L. Christolear of The Heartland Legal Group, LLC
- McKinley L. Duke of Husch Blackwell LLP
- Katelyn M. Eaves of Greenwood Gearhart, Inc.
- Brian J. Figueroa of Lewis Rice
- Ashley L. Gill of Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates & Woodyard, P.L.L.C.
- Keith K. Grissom of Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, P.C.
- W. Curt Hawkins* of Waddell, Cole & Jones, P.A.
- Isaac B. Helmerich of Hall Estill
- Erin Herbold-Swalwell of Parker & Geadelmann, PLLC
- Lindsey B. Holcumbrink of Murphy, Taylor, Siemens & Elliott P.C.
- Kirsten E. Johanson of BrownWinick Law Firm
- Cody Brooke Jones of McAlister, McAlister, Baker & Nicklas PLLC
- Anne Jump of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
- Riley Carbone Kern* of Tallgrass Estate Planning
- Aaron K. Kirkland of Kirkland Woods and Martinsen LLP
- Michael L. Lafleur of Endacott Peetz & Timmer
- Catherine E. Moore of Kirkland Woods and Martinsen LLP
- Jennifer L. Plumb of Cambridge Law Firm PLC
- Brendan J. Rice of Holyoke, Snyder, Longoria, Reichert & Rice, PC, LLO
- W. Bradley Risby* of Neale and Newman, L.L.P.a
- Joshua S. Rose of Kirkland Woods and Martinsen LLP
- Matthew T. Schippers of Triplett Woolf Garretson
- Brianna L. Vaughn of US Bank
- Alexa L. Stumpff White of Ardmore Lawyers
- Justin Whitney of Lathrop GPM
*Future makeup program(s) required for graduation
Heart of American Institute
: The Heart of America Fellows Institute was created by Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) located in the states of Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Iowa and Nebraska to develop our profession’s future leaders through a series of in-depth educational presentations led by outstanding subject matter experts in each field.
About the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
(ACTEC): Established in 1949, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) is a national, nonprofit association of approximately 2,400 lawyers and law professors from throughout the United States and abroad. ACTEC members (Fellows) are peer-elected on the basis of professional reputation and expertise in the preparation of wills and trusts, estate planning, probate, trust administration and related practice areas. The College’s mission includes the improvement and reform of probate, trust and tax laws and procedures and professional practice standards. ACTEC frequently offers technical comments with regard to legislation and regulations but does not take positions on matters of policy or political objectives.
# # #