Oversight for fiduciary business acceptance, execution of Fiduciary Practice national initiatives, talent development of fiduciary partners, fiduciary governance, and risk management for GFO, including The Northern Trust Company of Delaware (“NTDE”).
This position reports to The Northern Trust Company Chief Fiduciary Officer and serves as a member of the Global Family and Private Investment Offices (“GFO”) leadership group. Oversight for fiduciary business acceptance, execution of Fiduciary Practice national initiatives, talent development of fiduciary partners, fiduciary governance, and risk management for GFO, including The Northern Trust Company of Delaware (“NTDE”).
Strategically ensures that Northern is well positioned through industry leadership, and actively cultivates external contacts and sources new business opportunities. Active engagement with GFO and NTDE executive management, market leaders, and managing directors.
Provide comprehensive fiduciary counsel on administrative and client relationship issues, problem solving and guidance on fiduciary business and overall client experience, drawing on all appropriate resources.
- Serve as resource for Fiduciary Group of Northern Trust Guernsey
- Support new business opportunities including evaluation of prospective fiduciary business, participation in new business presentations, input on RFPs, and active coaching of fiduciary partners.
- As member of Fiduciary Practice Leadership refine data analytics and metrics reporting for fiduciary business and individual partners.
- Review and recommend changes to fiduciary policies, guidelines, and best practices in coordination with other Regional Chief Fiduciary Officers and National CFO.
- Oversight of regional responses and coordination with National CFO for internal audits, compliance testing and Federal Reserve and State of Delaware or other regulatory exams.
- Lead assessment of the capabilities of fiduciary partners; share in performance assessments hiring, training, talent development and succession planning.
- Guide regional and fiduciary leadership in addressing talent and resource gaps, and in recognizing talent strengths; offer insight into fiduciary partners and workloads as they affect risk and service levels, as well as strategic initiatives.
- Chair GFO Fiduciary Committee; oversee committee memberships within the established governance structure.
- Monitor and advise regarding litigation, client complaints, and account servicing losses in conjunction with CFO, Legal, and Business Unit Leadership.
- Participate actively in National Fiduciary Practice initiatives in developing and improving national practices, providing clarity for partners and consistency in fiduciary performance throughout the franchise.
- A College or University degree is required, law degree preferred.
- Fifteen years’ experience in fiduciary practice with strong preference for experience advising international clients or cross border experience.
- Demonstrated sound judgment in a variety of situations. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to grasp complex arrangements and communicate clearly issues and questions that give rise to potential risk.
- Ability to collaborate creatively with diverse stakeholders. Knowledge of business strategy development is necessary to provide long term planning and to manage the profitability/performance of a major business segment.
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to direct the activities for the national practice within GFO and NTDE. Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
Please apply with your resume using the link provided.