powerhouse attorney with expertise in trusts and estate planning to join firm as a senior associate or partner at their Providence, RI office
Our client is looking for a powerhouse attorney with expertise in trusts and estate planning to join their firm as a senior associate or partner at their Providence, RI office. We are looking for a senior-level attorney with an established client list and book of business. Our client is a full-service business law firm committed to providing clients with the highest level of service and attention to detail, as well as efficient and effective legal and business advice. At this firm, you'll enjoy a base pay rate in addition to a generous commission structure that incentivizes those who bring in clients as well as those who participate in completing the work for the client.
- Design and draft estate plans, including wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney, premarital agreements, and other estate planning documents.
- Consult with and advise fiduciaries in probate and trust administration
- Work with clients in connection with contested trust and tax matters
- Review estate and gift tax returns (including complex reporting and valuation issues)
- Assist clients in the establishment of private foundations and other charitable vehicles
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from a program accredited by the American Bar Association and active RI State Bar membership in good standing are required.
- Master of Laws (LL.M) in estate planning, taxation, or other related specialty area preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Complex estate planning, asset protection planning, trust and estate settlement, and taxation experience is required. International estate planning experience is considered a plus
- Strong working knowledge of the Uniform Probate Code, taxation law, business law, inheritance law, probate law, and aspects of family law as related to T&E, as well as questions of community property, joint ownership and charitable gifts.
- Ability to write legal documents of the highest quality
- Ability to organize, articulate, and harmonize multiple parallel workstreams and communicate among widely disparate parties
You may apply online through this link: https://www.careerbuilder.com/apply/J3W3CY750G69ZP5N3QB?ipath=CBMTN¬ify=true&siteid=cbnsv&_ga=2.207620626.1880449569.1562682816-2114195691.1559697638