Resources for Trust and Estate Associates & Law Students
The American College of Trust and Estate recognizes that associates and law students are the future of the trust and estate profession. ACTEC’s intention is to help shape the next generation of leaders in the field We encourage development in the trust and estate (T&E) areas of the law.
- ACTEC Fellows Institutes offer a six-day program of intensive trust and estate education over a one-year period for third through sixth-year law associates.
- ACTEC Trust & Estate Talk is a weekly podcast series featuring ACTEC Fellows discussing critical issues in tax law, T&E administration, and more.
- The ACTEC Commentaries on the Model Rules of Professional Conduct provide guidance particular to estate and trust practitioners.
- ACTEC Estate Planning Essentials is a video series that answers basic estate planning questions, such as the “Key Roles Involved in an Estate Plan,” “How to Pay for College for a Grandchild or Someone Else,” and “What is a Prenuptial Agreement.”
- Planning for a Diverse and Equitable Future is a video series that tackles difficult diversity and inclusion issues such as “Mentoring Young Lawyers and the Impact of Affinity Bars,” “Transgender? How to Change Your Legal Name and Gender Marker on Vital Records,” “Gender Inequality in the Legal Profession,” and “Landmark Civil Rights Cases Decided by the Supreme Court.”
- Legislative and Regulatory Comments by ACTEC are technical comments and expertise shared with Congress, the Internal Revenue Service, and the Department of the Treasury.
- Dennis I. Belcher Young Leaders Program is a collaboration with the American Bar Association Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section (RPTE) Fellows program. It provides successful graduates of the two-year RPTE program an opportunity to extend their participation in RPTE leadership activities through the financial support of The ACTEC Foundation.
- Mary Moers Wenig Student Writing Competition is an annual legal writing competition by The ACTEC Foundation to encourage law students to create scholarly works in T&E.
What to know more about trust and estate law? Follow ACTEC on social media!
Find an ACTEC Fellow
There are members of ACTEC in every state and internationally! Use the Fellow Search to find one in your location.