The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, ACTEC, is committed to improving the trust and estate profession through life-long learning. ACTEC’s trust and estate resources and educational materials provide valuable information for lawyers and financial services professionals.
The resources offer content to help advance best practices for trust and estate lawyers in order to serve clients, help the profession and inform the public.
As part of ACTEC’s mission to improve and reform probate, trust and tax laws, procedures, and professional responsibility, much of this valuable content is available without cost.
- Resources for T&E Professionals (pdf flyer available for download)
- ACTEC Trust and Estate Talk – A podcast series for T&E and wealth management professionals. New podcasts post every Tuesday.
- Membership in ACTEC – Understand what it takes to become an ACTEC Fellow.
- The ACTEC Institutes – The Institutes offer a six-day program of intensive trust and estate education over a one-year period for third through sixth-year law associates. Programs are designed to develop the trust and estate profession’s future leaders through a series of in-depth educational presentations led by outstanding subject matter experts in each field.
- ACTEC Publications and Videos for T&E Professionals
- Legislative and Regulatory Comments by ACTEC
- Job Board
- SECURE Act – Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement
- Wealth Advisor – An app-like resource and tools for professionals.
- Charitable Giving – A series of podcasts on various aspects of charitable planning and charitable giving, including charitable deductions, private foundations, excise taxes, Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRT), Charitable Lead Trusts (CLT), Charitable Gift Annuities, individual Donor-Advised Funds (DAF), and charitable pledges.
- ACTEC Estate Planning Essentials – A video series that answers frequently asked estate planning questions available to share with clients.